Whether you are running an online or offline store, or both, you are not new to marketing concepts. The combination of going digital and using an eCommerce platform greatly impacts the retail industry. These days, when most businesses opt for digitisation, traditional offline stores find it hard to compete in this online world.
Still, the offline market does not end here. The potential of gaining offline sales is so powerful that as retailers look for new paths to their business growth, more and more retailers understand the importance and benefits of owning an offline store. Many of them are moving toward this path.
To integrate offline and online retail stores, retailers have a number of ways to control the data and maximise the potential of their offline stores.
Offline vs. Online Channel
Before you plan for your offline retail store, it is important for you, as an online retailer, to understand your business value. It is also required to develop an offline strategy. To decide whether an offline strategy will work for you or not, you need to get the answers to a few questions.
Those questions can include:
- Why is the offline approach worth the investment?
- When will you have increased returns?
- What do your customers prefer between online or offline channels?
- What are your customers’ activities for both online and offline approaches?
- How can you collect the customers’ data in the offline store?
- And many more.
So, once you establish an offline store, you can use your customers’ data to run promotions in the locations where you find the majority of customers buying your products. Focusing efforts on location based marketing is a great way to target your audience directly.
Opting for omnichannel, facilitating both offline and online approaches, offers a greater value to your business. Also, you will be able to get more information with it that you can use to gain deeper insights into the customer base.
You should also know that strategies for getting more traffic to the online store are quite different. For those with an online store, you can reach the maximum number of customers and have maximum control over their shopping experience. The customers will surely come to your store by building a powerful strategy.
Reasons For Online Brick and Mortar Stores
For a brick-and-mortar retailer, having an online store is not an option; rather, it is an essential aspect that every retailer should consider. It will help your customers to find you online. You may have different reasons to choose an eCommerce platform for your business based on your specific needs.
But, always remember that eCommerce is growing instantly, and this growth is not going anywhere in the coming years. For instance, online retail sales in the United States are expected to reach more than $476 billion by 2024. It means this is the best time to enter the eCommerce world.
In addition to investing in this growing market, you can benefit from becoming a part of the eCommerce world. The two key advantages of a multichannel approach are:
Do you know that your eCommerce platform can offer various data points? It is something that every retail store owner must know. You need to identify certain metrics that will help you know more from these insights. Thus, it helps you make the necessary changes to your store.
The different data types, such as product page views or bounce rates, help you visualise your customers’ experience. Don’t forget that integrating your eCommerce site with a POS system always helps to provide extra customer insights. You can use all such real-time data to work on building an experience that ensures enhancing brand loyalty and affinity.
2. Reach new customers
eCommerce enables you to reach your customers where they are. It not only helps your customers to buy their desired products from you but also helps them have a personalised experience.
You can also provide several purchasing options to your customers, thus giving them a better shopping experience. Your customers can buy products online, choose pick-up in-store, or opt for home delivery, whatever suits them as per their preference and availability.
To enhance the customer experience, you can also give them an in-person return option, reducing your return shipping charges. This way, your business will reach maximum potential customers.
Beneficial Strategies To Promote Offline & Online Retail Sales
Let’s look at some of the beneficial marketing strategies you can use to attract more potential customers to you.
- No matter which online store you run, it is vital to have a powerful email marketing strategy. For this, collect your customers’ email addresses, people interested in your events, and others. You can tell them about your business through emails, such as promotions, referral discounts, etc.
- Never miss any opportunity to boost your digital presence for online business growth. One of the best ways is to use social media channels and connect with people via vibrant images and engaging videos.
- You should optimise your business website for SEO. Just make sure to learn the tips and tricks to use SEO much better. Simply putting yourself in place of the users and thinking about how they will react and act can help you to take necessary decisions.
- Always remember that creating quality, interesting, and engaging content is one of the best ways to attract potential customers. It is always good to provide helpful information to the audience and customers.
- You should not miss trying Google Ads to enjoy the benefits of search engine marketing. It can help you gain the first position in search engine results. Getting the top spot is something that every online business wants to achieve.
- You can also consider advertising on social platforms to lead customers to your offline stores. As more people are involved and spending much time on social platforms, this strategy can be a game changer for your business.
- You can think of using influence marketing to attract offline and online sales. Working with influencers gives you the power to attract the right audience. This way, you can present your products to many potential customers and increase your brand awareness.